GUIDELINES ON THE SELECTION OF SCHOLARS
- Application is open to residents of San Juan Batangas
- Applicants must be/have:
- Grade 4, Grade 5 or Grade 6 by school year 2021-2022
- of good moral character
- a grade not lower than 85% in any subject and a general weighted average of 88%
- a monthly family income of Php 20,000.00 and below
- Applicants shall secure the online application form from the Guidance and Counselling Office (email@example.com)
- Requirements can be submitted online to the Guidance and Counselling Office, however original copy of documents shall also be submitted to the same Office.
- Applicants shall take the Online Qualifying Exam. Orientation will be given to applicants before taking the examination.
- Online interview with the applicant and parent/s or guardian/s will be conducted after passing the qualifying exam
- Result of application will be sent through email and text message.
- Certification of Grades issued by the school head
- Certification of good moral character signed by the Guidance Counsellor or the principal
- Recommendation from the Class Adviser
- Income Tax Return (ITR) or Certification of Income issued by the employer or by the Barangay Captain
- Certification of Residency signed by the Barangay Captain
- Medical Certificate
- The Scholarship Program is intended for Grades 4, 5 and 6 of the Batangas Eastern Colleges.
- The Scholarship will provide 100% free tuition for one school year and renewable until Grade 6.
- Miscellaneous fees, books and other school fees will be paid by the parents/guardians of the scholars.
- There will be a Selection Committee composed of the Guidance Counsellor, Academic Coordinator and the Principal and shall forward their recommendation to the Executive Committee for approval.
- Scholars shall abide by the rules and regulations of BEC as stipulated in the Student Manual.
- Parents shall support their child (the scholar) in all school activities. They shall also abide by the rules and regulations of BEC.
- The Selection Committee shall conduct a year-end assessment on the academic performance and behaviour of the scholar which will be the basis for renewal of scholarship. There shall be no grade lower than 85% in any subject and the general weighted average shall be 88% and above.
- A Memorandum of Agreement between BEC represented by its Chairman or President, the scholar and the parents/guardians of scholar shall be executed to this effect.
- Scholarships are all subject to availability of slots as determined by BEC.